Microsoft 2010 which is codenamed as Office 14 was created next to Microsoft office 2007 and the predecessor of Microsoft office 2013. It is the Microsoft’s Office productivity version suite which comes with a lengthened file format support, and updates in user interface. It will definitely give end user a fresh and new experience. It has a 64-bit version but does not support windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
Microsoft Office 2010 was opened to manufacturing on 2010. It became open for public market and was available for online purchase on June 15, 2010. This suite was the very first version which needed product activation for those who wanted to purchase it in volume. The user interface of office 2010 has ribbon on every application feature.
Office 2010 also introduced Office Web Apps, One Note and the free versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. This suite replaced Microsoft works and productivity software. It is also the last version of office which can be applied to Windows server 2003, Windows XP and Windows Server 2008.
- Office 2010 has integrated some of the features that may be found in Share Point Server and also incorporated some ideas from Web 2.0.
- It updated support for ISO/IEC 29500:2008 which is the International standard version used in Office Open XML file format.
- Has provided read and write support for ISO/IEC 29500 Transitional, Support to read ECMA-376 and support read for ISO/IEC 29500.
- Has extended support for Open Document Format (ODF).
- It has new features like Built-in tool for screen capture, removal tool for background, author permissions and templates for Smart Art.
- With a new menu button which replaced Office Button. Menu button makes a full-window menu file also called backstage view. This Button gives user efficient action for task- centered functions like sharing and printing.
- A ribbon interface is provided and modified. It is present in applications such as Office Outlook, Vision, One Note, Publisher and project.
- It replaced Microsoft Equation Editor 3.0 by Word 2007 Equation Editor.
- Letter Styling
- Image and text editing effects
- Clipping tools
- Transitions and new animation in PowerPoint 2010.
- Outlook Social Connector. This is a new feature which enables the user to receive updates and connect to social networking sites from Microsoft Outlook. However Outlook Social Connector supports only Facebook, Myspace, LinkedIn and Windows Live messenger.
- Synchronous scrolling for word 2010
- Volume edition is activated by using Multiple Activation Key (MAK). It is limited by number of attempts in activating the machine while it is connected to the server of Microsoft.
The availability of ribbon interface in all the applications of Office 2010 increased the consistency and usability of the suite. It was made cool by the additional feature of backstage menu where file management and printing options becomes very efficient to do. Some end users noted their satisfaction when it comes to its graphic tools. The graphic tool of office 2010 does a good job in image enhancement. Moreover its 64 bit version can handle large data of Microsoft Excel. It has some cons that are tolerable like its inability to print one page of e-mail but that is ok. At the end of the day this version of Microsoft is a very good upgrade.
Article Source: find how to install Office 2010 and using this software. Click here to find more